175wg faq


Collapse All Expand All
 General information

How do I find out what will be expected of me at basic training?

For information on basic military training held at Lackland AFB base, visit their Web site at: http://www.lackland.af.mil/units/737trg.asp.

How do I get a tour of Warfield Air National Guard Base?

The 175th Wing, Maryland Air National Guard providesnormally consist of three tours per year: one in April, one in July, and one in October. The April and October tours will be scheduled during on the Sunday of a UTA weekend between 1200 and 1400. The July tour should be scheduled during the technician workweek, on the third Thursday of the month. These tours will be limited to a maximum of 40 participants. Tours during weekends are dependent upon training requirements and time availability. Tours are normally 1.5 hours in length, and are scheduled from 12p.m. - 1:30 p.m. The purpose of the 175th Wing Base Tours Program is to enhance community relations and show support to youth groups, community organizations, unit members, civilian employers, and educational institutions throughout the State of Maryland. Senior military and civilian leaders request 175th Wing base tours for the purposes of orientation/familiarization with unit mission requirements and achievements. Tours are an excellent means to increase the general public's understanding of the Air National Guard and appreciation of its contributions to the state and national defense. Due to operations tempo, tours can not be conducted for individuals or groups of less than 7 personnel. For safety purposes, children in youth tours must be 7 years old to tour the C-130J and A-10 static display aircraft.

175th Wing Base Tour Agenda

Safety and Mission Briefing - 20 Minutes
C-130 Display - 20 Minutes 
A-10 Display - 20 Minutes
Fire Department - 30 Minutes 

Total Time - 1.5 Hours

I would like to sell a product/service to the Air National Guard?

Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations, any contracting opportunities/projects that the National Guard undertakes are solicited via normal contracting procedures, including approval from the Acquisition Planning Board.

For your convenience, to find out about contracting opportunities with the National Guard, log on to the Commerce Business Daily web site at: http://cbdnet.access.gpo.gov. All solicitations on behalf of the Guard can be found on that site.

 Joining the Air National Guard

What are my benefits as a Reservist/National Guardsman?

For information on Guardsmen/Reservist benefits, contact the Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center at 1-800-525-0102, visit their Web site at: http://c.afrc.af.mil/.

 Military personnel and records

How can I contact military personnel?

The Air Force can locate active-duty personnel, as well as retirees, reservists and guardsmen. This information is not available for those who have separated from the Air Force or are Army Air Corps retirees. Information on individuals stationed overseas or in a sensitive position will not be released. However, the locator service will forward mail to that person for up to 90 days, as long as the correct postage is on the envelope and any required fee has been paid. Parents, spouses, and government officials may call (210) 565-2660. If you need to contact a military member for emergency purposes, please call your local Red Cross chapter. Use operator assistance if necessary, or you may also find your local Red Cross chapter telephone number by visiting http://www.redcross.org, clicking on "Your local Red Cross" and entering your zip code. For locator service write to:

Air Force Worldwide Locator /AFPC /MSIMDL
550 C Street West Suite 50
Randolph AFB TX 78150-4752

How can I obtain copies of my military records?

Individual military departments, including the Air Force do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty, or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (Military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the United States Government.

An individual's complete service record is available to the former service member or, if deceased, to his/her next of kin (parents, spouse, or children). Limited information (such as dates of service, awards, and training) is available to anyone. Not available to the general public is information which would invade an individual's privacy; for example, medical records, Social Security number, or present address.

If requesting the records of a relative, a requester should mention the relationship to the former member (brother, uncle, or other). There is no charge for this service to former service members or their next of kin. For others, a nominal fee is charged for research and reproduction costs. Files at the Records Center are maintained as historical records only and are not updated to reflect current data on the former service member. The address for the National Personnel Records Center is:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd
St. Louis MO 63132
Phone: 314-801-0800 or 1-866-272-6272 (1-86-NARA-NARA)

For individuals compiling family histories, NARA provides assistance to those interested in genealogy. NARA normally charges a nominal fee for research and reproduction costs. Their address is:

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20408


How do I find out about job vacancies in the Air National Guard?

Vacancies at the state level are advertised by that state. Visit the ANG Units page for a listing of other state Web sites. Advertisements can normally be found from the State Headquarters web site within their Human Resources Office (HRO) section. Questions regarding state Web sites should be directed to that state.

Vacancies can also be found in the Careers section of the Air National Guard's recruiter web site at http://www.goang.com.

Military vacancies for the offices servicing the Director of the Air National Guard and State militia can be found in the Careers section of the ANG site. Civilian vacancies can be found on the Air Force Personnel Center's web site. The majority of these vacancies are located in the Washington District of Columbia metropolitan area.